Whether you like to tinker or have a real passion, this course will give you the fundamentals of coding and help you to immerse into a world of cutting-edge technology.
- Understand the fundamentals of programming
- Understand key phases of software development
- Understanding software development lifecycles management, analysis, and design processes
- Understand software development, testing and release management
- Be able to develop code from algorithms in a high-level programming language
- Develop competence in the techniques of systematic problem analysis, program construction and documentation
- Gain an understanding of the basic concepts of good user-interface design
- Problem-solving and Agile methodologies
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who wish to develop a greater understanding of coding languages as well as using collaborative technology effectively to improve productivity and efficiency. It can also act as a stepping stone for learners who wish to study software development at a higher level.
Each unit contains a project-based assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Software Development.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2021 (born before 01 September 2002)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support (including live chat) whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.