This popular course is designed to increase learners knowledge and awareness of children and young peoples mental health.
- Learn about children and young people's mental health in context
- Explore factors which may affect children and young people's mental health
- Develop your awareness of children and young people's mental health concerns and the impact of these concerns
- Learn how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them develop their knowledge of mental health in children and young people, for personal reasons or to support progression onto further qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sectors.
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2021 (born before 01 September 2002)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support (including live chat) whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.