Develop your knowledge and boost professional development with this introduction to safeguarding in adult health and social care.
- Understand the national and local contexts of safeguarding
- Gain relevant insight by applying the principles of duty of care to everyday situations
- Learn about best practice in protecting and serving the needs of vulnerable adults
- Strengthen your knowledge in key safeguarding principles to enhance your current health or social care role
Who is this course for?
This course is designed primarily for individuals working with, or intending to work with, vulnerable adults in the health and social care sectors. It aims to give learners knowledge and understanding of the key principles of dignity, duty of care and safeguarding.
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Dignity and Safeguarding.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2021 (born before 01 September 2002)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support (including live chat) whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.