Gain an understanding of the impact that food and diet has on health and gain a nutrition-related qualification as an addition to your current skillset.
- Learn about how diet affects a person’s health, focusing on the five major food groups
- Gain a practical insight into effective weight management
- Understand more about different types of eating disorders
- Discover how nutritional needs vary according to an individual’s age
Who is this course for?
For people looking to work as a nutritionist or wanting to enhance their performance in their current role by providing a better advice on leading a healthy lifestyle.
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2020 (born before 01 September 2001)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support (including live chat) whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.