This course provides all health workers with fundamental knowledge of how to control the cause and spread of infection in hospitals and other settings reliant on superior hygiene standards.
- Develop vitally important skills to prepare you for a role in the sector
- Understand the concepts of decontamination and waste management – and the consequences of not carrying out these processes
- Learn about infection prevention and control in a range of healthcare settings and scenarios to help you contextualise your learning
- Gain industry-relevant knowledge and give your CV a boost
Who is this course for?
This training course is suitable for anyone who works in an environment where there is a risk of infections transferring as well as for those wanting to get a better understanding of the principles of infection prevention, control and personal hygiene.
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2021 (born before 01 September 2002)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support (including live chat) whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.