Learn the fundamentals of coding as part of our fully-funded course to help you immerse into a world of cutting-edge technology. With the increased demand for individuals with coding skills to join the workforce, there has never been a better time to upskill.
- The stages of the software development lifecycle, software methodologies and how working as a team contributes to effective software delivery
- The purpose and use of coding standards, coding principles and practices and coding design process
- How to write and debug interpreted and compiled code, distinguishing the different coding solutions
- How to fix bugs using appropriate techniques and reflect on how the bug could have been prevented
- Deployment, configuration management and version control systems
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge, skills and understanding of coding. Successful completion of the required units will allow the learner to develop in-depth knowledge, skills and understanding of coding practices. It will also support progression into relevant employment and further study in coding.
The course consists of five units and each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you have completed all five units, you will achieve a Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2022 (born before 01 September 2003)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.