This Level 3 qualification aims to increase your knowledge and skills relating to cyber security practices.
- Key terminology and legislation used in cyber security and understanding and the consequences and implications of inadequate cyber security
- The Threat Model and the behaviours and effects of malicious software
- How to reduce or remove a cyber security vulnerability and how to apply a cyber security control
- Cyber security incident response plans and how to carry out a cyber security incident post-mortems
- Understanding legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security the behaviours and skills expected within cyber security
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for learners to develop their cyber security skills further and gain an in-depth knowledge of cyber security whilst developing skills required for employment. Achievement of this qualification will help support progression into a variety of job roles and occupational areas within the digital sector.
The course consists of six units and each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. One you successfully complete all six units you will achieve a Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 24 or over from the 31 August 2021
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.