This popular course is designed to increase learners knowledge and understanding of coding fundamentals and can help support progression into further study in coding or other topics in the digital sector.
- Learn about the principles of coding
- Develop your understanding of the different stages in the software development cycle
- Learn about coding terminology and develop understanding of the key principles of writing code
- Explore the different coding types
- Develop your understanding of best practice in coding
- Learn about different methods of testing and the DevOps process
- Learn about effective communication and project management in coding
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for learners who are looking to gain an introduction to coding. It will support the learner to progress into further study and support those interested in progressing to employment in a coding or IT related role.
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Coding.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2021 (born before 01 September 2002)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.