With digital skills and knowledge in high demand among UK employers, this popular course is an ideal first step for those looking to break into the cyber security sector and build a successful career.
- Develop an understanding of the need for cyber security and the impact of cyber crime, the various job functions and the key skills required
- Learn about cyber security terminology and the concept of social engineering
- Learn how to maintain data confidentiality and security and understand ethical and unethical conduct within cyber security
- Develop an understanding of the different types of malicious software and the ways in which systems can be infected
- Learn about common and emerging threats in cyber security
- Learn about the preventative methods used to maintain cyber security and the principles of user access controls and firewalls
- Develop an understanding of effective team working and the importance of communication when working in cyber security
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to provide learners with sector awareness. It will do this by increasing the knowledge and understanding of roles and issues relating to Cyber Security. It will also act as a stepping stone for learners who wish to study cyber security at a higher level.
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Cyber Security.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2022 (born before 01 September 2003)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.