This popular course is designed for learners who wish to develop an understanding of autism or for people who currently work with autistic people and want to progress in their careers and increase their impact.
- Learn about what is meant by autism, theories and diagnosis
- Learn about using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Develop your understanding of communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Learn about sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Learn how to support positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Learn how support individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism for personal reason or who wish to progress into employment where an understanding of autism and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.
Each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you successfully complete all units you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism.
Can I study for free?
Free places are available to anyone who meets the criteria below.
- Living in England
- Aged 19 or over from the 31 August 2022 (born before 01 September 2003)
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and a resident in the EEA for the last 3 years
- Not in receipt of any other government-funded training.
You may also qualify if you're:
- Employed and in receipt of a low wage
- A non-EEA citizen with permission by UK government to live in the UK which is not for educational purposes, and lived in England for at least 3 years
- A family member of an EU national
- A refugee
- Asylum Seeker.
Course places are limited, sign up today to secure your place.
Take a look at our FAQs for further funding information.
As a vision2learn student you’ll have the support of a dedicated tutor throughout your studies.
Use our online forum for support and discussion with other students.
We offer in-depth online support whenever you need it.
Our friendly team are available from 9am–8pm Monday to Thursday and 9am–5pm Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can visit our FAQs page for further information.