What stage are you at?
- What courses can I study?
- Am I eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How do I check my existing qualification level?
- Do I have to sit an exam?
- Do I have to attend a college?
- Which computer products and software will I need?
What courses can I study?
At the moment you can study on any of the following five courses:
NCFE Level 2 Certificate for Nutrition and Health
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport
Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service
NCFE Level 2 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration
Level 2 ITQ Certificate in IT User skills (QCF)
Level 1 ITQ Award/Certificate in IT User Skills (QCF)
All vision2learn courses are subject to availability. It is only possible to study on one of our courses at any one time.
Am I eligible?
Because the courses on offer are fundable by the government’s Skills Funding Agency, to study with us you must be:
- a resident of England
- a UK or EU resident of three years or longer or be able to provide proof that you have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
- aged over 19.
In some cases your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility, but we will explain this if it arises.
The provision of government funding for these courses is subject to frequent change which unfortunately is beyond our control. If you would like further information on the way vision2learn courses are funded please tap here.
How do I apply?
Go to our online registration form.
How do I check my existing qualification level?
Please click here to check your qualification level. As you can see each vocational and academic qualification has an equivalent NVQ level. Still unsure? Just give us a call on 0191 215 4100 between 9am and 5pm on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Do I have to sit an exam?
No. All our courses consist of working through a series of assessments approved by the relevant Awarding Organisation.
Do I have to attend a college?
No. All our courses can be completed 100% online.
As an enrolled learner at an FE College you would be entitled to visit to use its library and other drop-in facilities.
Which computer products and software will I need?
To study online with vision2learn you will require the following:
- An internet enabled PC running Microsoft Windows operating system
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox 16.0.2 (or later) or Google Chrome 23.0 (or later)
- An active email account
- Microsoft Word or a similar word processing software program (you may need additional software programs for IT courses, please call us on 0191 215 4100 for more information.)
- Acrobat Reader; click here to download.
- Flash player 9.0 or later; click here to download.
At present we cannot offer any support for Mac users. If you are a Mac user you will need to ensure that you have compatible software so that your FE College tutor can read your submitted work.
- When will my course start?
- Why hasn’t my enrolment form arrived?
- How long should I wait to hear after I have sent off my enrolment pack?
- Why do I need to complete a telephone eligibility check?
- When will I receive my log-in details?
When will my course start?
There are five stages to go through before you can get going on your vision2learn course. Here’s a breakdown of how the process works:
- Register online
- A provider will post out an enrolment pack for you to complete and return – expect this within 10 working days after your online registration
- Complete a telephone eligibility check – expect this five working days after receipt of your completed enrolment pack
- Receive your log-in details – expect this within five working days of your eligibility check
- Start your studies!
In most cases we should be able to get you started four weeks after your online registration.
Why hasn’t my enrolment form arrived?
If you feel you have been waiting by your letterbox for too long, the best course of action is to give us a quick call on 0191 215 4100 between 9am and 5pm on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays). There is usually a simple explanation as to why it hasn’t arrived and we can get a new enrolment pack sent out quickly.
How long should I wait to hear after I have sent off my enrolment pack?
This can vary depending on which FE College you have been assigned to. We will send an email update once your FE College enrolment pack has been received, but if you require exact timings on delivery you can give us a quick call on 0191 215 4100 between 9am and 5pm on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Why do I need to complete a telephone eligibility check?
The eligibility check allows your assigned college to understand more about your needs and ensure you are enrolled on the most suitable course. It is also a good opportunity to confirm any funding details with you.
When will I received my log-in details?
Your log-in details should be sent by email within five working days of completing your telephone eligibility check. If you have not received them after this point please just give us a quick call on 0191 215 4100 between 9am and 5pm on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- What support is available?
- How do I get in touch with my tutor?
- Is there a user manual to help me find my way around vision2learn?
- I have moved house. How do I notify you of my new address?
- I no longer wish to study my course – can I be withdrawn?
What support is available?
Throughout your course you will receive support from a dedicated FE College online tutor. Every weekday (excluding Bank Holidays) a team of e-learning programme quality leaders are also available to deal with any issues you may have with your e-learning programme. Just give them a call on 0191 215 4100. If you have a technical issue, you can use the same number to talk to a member of the technical support team. You can also get assistance at any time while you are logged on by clicking on the Help button onscreen.
How do I get in touch with my tutor?
You can contact your FE College tutor by v-mail. If you wish to speak to us about the vision2learn system or any issues you may have with your e-learning programme you may call 0191 215 4100 on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays) between 9am and 5pm. At all other times you can get in touch using the vision2learn v-mail service.
Is there a user manual to help me find my way around vision2learn?
Yes. Once you have logged into My Study, you can click the Help button to either view our User Guide online or download a print version in Microsoft Word format.
I have moved house. How do I notify you of my new address?
Just give us a call on 0191 215 4100 on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays) between 9am and 5pm.
I no longer wish to study my course – can I be withdrawn?
We are sorry to see you go, but if you wish to withdraw just give us a call on 0191 215 4100 on any weekday (excluding Bank Holidays) between 9am and 5pm. If you are already studying on the course, in the first instance, please contact your FE College tutor. You may also ask to speak to the account manager of your FE College; or just ask to speak to a member of the customer care team.
Please be aware than in some cases there may be a FE College withdrawal fee to pay.
When will my certificate arrive?
Your certificate should arrive from the Awarding Organisation approximately 12 weeks after you have successfully completed your course in most cases. During this time your work will be moderated, so keep logging in to check on progress.